Sprinkle Filled Brownie Cupcakes
For the Brownies:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- sprinkles (I used a variety of Easter colored sprinkles)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the brownie cupcakes are cool, use the end of a whisk or small spoon to create ½ inch depression in each cupcake.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract to make the cream cheese frosting. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy.
- Fill each brownie cupcake with about a tsp of sprinkles.
- Frost the cupcakes, and top with more sprinkles if desired.
- When you cut the cupcakes in half, the sprinkles will come out. Surprise!
Rate this recipe