Roasted Squash & Pear Salad with Lemon-Mustard Dressing
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 squash (about 20 oz), peeled & seeded & cut into 1 inch chunks or buy it pre-cut
- olive oil spray
- salt/pepper to taste
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 pears, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
FOR THE LEMON-MUSTARD DRESSING:
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or 2 medium lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash chunks on the baking sheet. Cover the squash in olive oil spray, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until squash is tender and slightly browned.
- Make the dressing by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together with a whisk.
- Put fresh spinach in a big bowl. Add roasted squash, sliced pear, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta. Add salad dressing when you're ready to serve.
Rate this recipe