Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
1 hours 5 mins
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 BOU vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ small red onion
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 5 stalks of asparagus
- 3 bell peppers, tops cut off & seeded
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- garnish: avocado & a few cherry tomatoes (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a deep baking dish with tin foil.
In a small saucepan, combine with quinoa, water, 1 veggie bouillon cube, and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed which should take about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add onion to skillet, and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes & asparagus to skillet, and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir quinoa into vegetable mixture, and season with salt & pepper.
- Fill bell peppers with quinoa-vegetable mixture.
- Place bell peppers in baking dish, and cover dish with tin foil.
- Bake in oven for about 18 minutes, or until bell peppers are slightly tender.
- Remove tin foil cover, and sprinkle peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado & tomatoes if desired.
Rate this recipe