1 hours 10 mins
- 7 oz (1 box) of Jovial Foods brown rice manicotti
- 1 tbsp salt
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp parsley, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 32 oz tomato sauce
- basil and/or parsley as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, boil 4 quarts of water. Add 1 tbsp of salt to water. Add the manicotti to pot, and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the manicotta from pot with a slotted spoon.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta, egg, parsley, black pepper, and salt. Add half of mozzarella cheese.
- Spray cooking spray on a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add half of the tomato sauce evenly to bottom of pan.
- Add this filling to a pastry bag or Ziploc bag. Cut a hole in the bottom, about ½ inch long. Pipe the filling into the manicotti. Be sure to not over fill them.
- Arrange the filled manicotti in the pan. Add the remaining tomato sauce on top of manicotti.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 more minutes or until the cheese has melted well.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Garnish with basil and/or parsley if you like.
Rate this recipe