Granola Apple Crisp
1 hours 10 mins
- 6 medium apples
- ½ cup brown sugar (to keep paleo, use golden monkfruit sweetener)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dairy-free butter, melted
- one 10 oz bag of KitchFix grain-free honey pecan granola
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the apples, and then cut the apples into slices about ¼ inch thick. Put the sliced apples in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the large bowl of apples. Mix together with a spoon so each apple is coated with the mixture.
- Spray a baking dish with baking spray. I used a 9" round cake pan. Put apple-sugar mixture evenly in pan.
- Break up the granola if needed so there aren't big chunks. You can use a rolling pin or a reusable water bottle.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the granola and butter.
- Spoon the granola-butter mixture on top of the apples. The apples should be completely covered.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove tin foil, and bake for about 10 more minutes.
Rate this recipe