- ¼ cup dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup cornmeal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 GF baking flour)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- honey & butter for toppings (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with non-stick tin foil or spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray. You can also use a 9 inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, milk, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Can drizzle honey and add slices of butter to the cornbread.
Rate this recipe