Chocolate Covered Apple Slices
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- chopped nuts
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper.
- Slice each apple into ¼ inch slices.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in microwave until melted, at 10 second intervals. Stir well.
- Let the melted chocolate cool for a couple minutes by letting it sit.
- Dip each apple slice into melted chocolate, coating both sides evenly. The chocolate should cover at least three-fourths of each slice, leaving a small portion at the top bare. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place dipped apple slices on parchment paper.
- Quickly top the apple slices with toppings of your choice such as nuts and sprinkles.
- Place apple slices in fridge to set faster for 15 minutes, or wait until chocolate has set before eating.
Rate this recipe