Colorful Deviled Eggs
1 hour 0 mins
1 hours 0 mins
- 18 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup mustard (I did half yellow mustard & half Dijon mustard)
- salt & pepper to taste
- up to ¼ tsp paprika (optional)
- blue & red food dye (or any color you like! I made this for my gender reveal party)
- 2 cups + 2 cups water
- green onions, chopped
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Once the eggs are cool, carefully peel them. Cut the eggs into halves, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolk from each of the eggs, and put the yolks in a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks into a fine crumble.
- To dye the egg white halves, put 2 cups of water and 20 drops of blue food coloring into a cup. Stir the cup. Add half of the egg white halves to the blue food coloring cup. Let each egg white half sit in the cup for 3 minutes, or until you have the desired blue color. Carefully remove the blue eggs, and place them on a paper towel-lined cutting board.
- Repeat with 2 cups of water and 13 drops of red food coloring in another cup. Stir the cup. Add the second half of egg white halves to the red food coloring cup. Let each egg white half sit in the cup for 10 minutes so it becomes a nice pink color. Carefully remove the pink eggs, and place them on a paper towel-lined cutting board.
- Add mayo and mustard to bowl with crumbled yolks. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add paprika. Mix well.
- Put yolk mixture into piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a small angled hole in one of the ends. Add yolk mixture to each egg half. Garnish with chopped green onions. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Rate this recipe