Cheesy Smashed Carrots
- 1 lb baby carrots
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I've used parmesan & mozzarella)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped green onion & a handful of parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Steam the baby carrots. Line a bowl with a paper towel or towel, and then add the carrots so they can dry out a bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Smash each carrot with the palm of your hand. Add smashed carrots to parchment paper. Add olive oil spray all over the carrots. Top with shredded cheese and garlic powder. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Can garnish with a bit more parmesan cheese & chopped green onions. Can enjoy solo or dip them in a dip like my whipped ricotta dip or five ingredient hummus.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Rate this recipe