FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Amoretti Madagascar bourbon vanilla syrup
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, soft
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 ¼ cup Amoretti Madagascar bourbon vanilla syrup
FOR THE TOPPING:
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Stir butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat them.
- Add GF flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend again.
- Add the milk and 2 tsp bourbon vanilla syrup.
- Beat until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the frosting. Add some of the bourbon vanilla syrup to frosting. Mix well.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Drizzle the rest of the bourbon vanilla syrup on cupcakes, and top cupcakes with sliced almonds.
Rate this recipe