Peppermint S'mores Skillet Dip
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 24 oz chocolate chips
- 12 to 14 oz of large marshmallows
- 4-5 crushed candy canes (or peppermint candy)
- Nairn's GF oat grahams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, leaving the 12-inch cast iron skillet inside oven. You can use a different sized skillet - just adjust the ingredient measurements accordingly.
- Once oven is preheated, remove skillet from oven using an oven mitt. Grease skillet with butter.
- Scatter chocolate chips on the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes to melt the chocolate. The chocolate doesn't need to be completely melted at this stage.
- Put marshmallows in skillet over chocolate in a circular pattern.
- Bake for about 2 minutes, and then switch to broil until the marshmallows are golden brown. Be sure to watch the oven because the marshmallows can easily burn and each oven is different. I did the broil for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes or peppermint candy all over skillet dip.
- Serve s'mores dip immediately with oat grahams.
Rate this recipe