Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cheesecake
1 hours 10 mins
1 hours 30 mins
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used a 9 inch springform pan, and sprayed it with nonstick baking spray.
- Make the brownie batter by combining the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour brownie batter into pan evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I did 21 minutes.
- While the brownie bottom is baking, make the peanut butter cheesecake batter. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix together.
- Remove brownies from oven. Immediately after removing the brownies from the oven, evenly scatter 1 cup of peanuts and 1 cup of chocolate chips all over the brownie layer.
- Place springform pan on baking sheet. This protects the bottom of the crust from burning, and makes it easier to move the pan in and out of the oven.
- Once the brownie bottom has cooled, pour the peanut butter cheesecake batter on top of the brownie layer. Spread cheesecake batter evenly. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden and the center no longer wobbles.
- Remove brownie batter peanut butter cheesecake from oven. Let cake completely cool. Cover cake, and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Release latch from springform pan so sides release. If you're using a regular pan then run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake.
- Garnish cake with more peanuts and chocolate chips as you wish.
- To easily cut the brownie bottom peanut butter cheesecake, heat a knife under hot water for a minute and then wipe knife dry. Cut into the cake, and wipe knife clean after each cut.
Rate this recipe