Baked Salmon with Lemon and Herbs
- 14 to 16 oz salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground basil leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and then add parchment paper on top. Put salmon fillet(s) on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, basil, and salt & pepper. Using a spoon, put all over the salmon.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is flaky when pulled apart with a fork. I also use a meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature is at 110 to 140 degrees at the thickest part of the salmon.
- Enjoy warm or add salmon to spinach salad with roasted broccoli and eggs like I did!
- Can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Rate this recipe