Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ to ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick tin foil.
- Slice the zucchini into ¼ to ½-inch thick slices. You should get about 18 slices.
- Place the zucchini slices on the baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper. Add tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese to each zucchini slice. I like to leave an outer circle of zucchini showing where the tomato sauce doesn't go. You can also add other toppings of your choice such as pepperoni, sausage, or other veggies.
- Bake the zucchini slices for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Switch the oven to broil as this helps the cheese become more bubbly and gooey. Every oven is different so watch it carefully and remove from oven when ready - I did for only 1 minute.
- Sprinkle oregano & basil on each zucchini slice.
Rate this recipe