Veggie Baked Spaghetti
- 8 oz Wholesome Pantry Organic Red Lentil Spaghetti (you can grab all your fresh ingredients and this spaghetti at ShopRite! shoprite.com)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 broccoli stalk, roasted & cut into florets
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1.5 cups mozzarella, shredded
- fresh basil for garnish
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish - I used an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions, zucchini, and bell pepper until softened. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add roasted broccoli.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet. Add dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Turn heat off.
- Toss with spaghetti. Transfer half of the spaghetti + sauce to baking dish. Add about ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the spaghetti. Add the other half of the spaghetti + sauce to baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove tin foil, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pasta is warmed through.
- Garnish with basil.
Rate this recipe