S'mores Apple Cups
- 3 apples
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 6 large marshmallows
- GF graham cracker crumbs (I used a couple graham crackers)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Halve the apples so that each apple is cut in half thru the stem. Use a spoon, tsp or melon baller to remove the core & seeds and then make a bigger hole so there's room for the s'mores.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add a few spoonfuls of this mixture to each apple half. All of the apple flesh will be covered with this mixture.
- Place apple halves in tin-foiled lined baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips across apple halves.
- Bake apples for about 20-25 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the chocolate is mostly melted.
- Remove baking dish from oven. I carefully stirred the chocolate a bit with a spoon to smooth it out.
- Switch oven to broil. Top each apple half with a large marshmallow. Broil until marshmallow is toasted. Watch the oven closely as this will happen quickly - it took 2 minutes for me.
- Remove apples from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of apple cups.
Rate this recipe