Chocolate Dipped Nut Butter Banana Bites
4 hours 0 mins
4 hours 10 mins
- 2-3 bananas
- ¼ cup nut butter
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil or a few sprays of coconut oil spray (optional)
- Place parchment sheet on a cutting board or baking sheet.
- Peel bananas and slice into small coins, about ¼ inch thick. Line up banana slices on parchment paper-lined cutting board.
- Using a knife or spoon, add a dollop of nut butter on half of the banana slices. Place another banana slice on top of each nut butter covered banana slice to create a sandwich.
- Put cutting board in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. I did a few sprays of coconut oil spray. Microwave for about 30 seconds, and stir. Microwave for additional 15 second intervals as needed.
- Remove banana bites from freezer. Quickly dip half of each banana sandwich in melted chocolate. Place chocolate covered banana bites back on cutting board. If the bananas start to soften while you're dipping them in chocolate, then put the board with all the banana bites back in freezer for a bit.
- Once you cover all the banana bites with chocolate, put back in freezer for at least 2 hours to harden. Eat immediately or store in freezer!
Rate this recipe