- Portable gluten sensor
- What You Can Test:
- Nima can test a wide variety of solid & liquid foods such as soups, packaged goods, sauces, pizza, salads, dressing, muffins, French fries, noodles, cookies, meatballs, cereal, chips, liquids, & more.
- For solid foods, use a pea-sized sample.
- For liquid foods, don’t fill past the teeth in the capsule.
- Testing Limitations:
- Nima cannot accurately test soy sauce, beer, & other fermented or hydrolyzed foods but can detect if gluten has been added to those items.
- Nima cannot accurately test alcohol or heavy vinegar solutions.
- Only test small samples of high fat foods like ice cream, heavy cream, & salad dressings.
- Only test small samples of very dry or powdery foods like pure flour & ground spices.
- Nima hasn’t been validated to test non-food items such as makeup or medication.
- Best Practices for Use:
- Leave capsule wrapped until ready to use.
- Store capsules in a temperate environment; don’t store in a hot car.
- Wash hands before testing to avoid cross contamination.
- Wipe capsule clean of excess food & liquid before placing in Nima.
- Use a fresh capsule for every test.
- Don’t ingest liquid or consume food sample after testing.
- Don’t reopen capsules after use; discard in trash; not currently recyclable.
- Wipe hands dry or wash with water if you come into contact with testing fluid.
- View Past Tests:
- Turn Nima on to view previous test results.
- Double click the button to see the most recent test.
- You can also see your test history in the Nima app on iOS.
- Nima arrives charged.
- Battery typically lasts for around 40 tests.
- When off and not being used, the battery will last up to 3 months.
- To fully charge a dead battery, plug USB cable into device & power source for at least 1 hour.
- How To Run a Test:
- Unwrap a new capsule & remove the silica packet from the bottom.
- Unscrew the cap at the top.
- Put a pea-sized amount of liquid or solid food into the one time use capsule.
- Keeping the capsule upright, firmly screw on the cap until you feel a pop.
- Keep twisting until the green ring disappears. Don’t worry, you won’t break it.
- Stand Nima upright.
- Slide the capsule into Nima until it clicks. The capsule will be flush with the top of Nima.
- Nima arrives charged. Hold the power button for 2 sec to turn Nima on.
- When prompted, quickly push the button again to start the test.
- An icon on the screen will indicate the test has begun and if you listen closely, you will hear the Nima running.
- Wait up to 3 min for the result to display.
- A smiley face means no gluten detected, and a wheat symbol means gluten detected.
- Throw the capsule in the trash after use.
- Don’t reopen used capsule.