Pumpkin Bread Pudding
1 hours 25 mins
- 3 and a half Unbun Foods baguettes (16 oz)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- whipped topping (or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream)
- caramel sauce (the thicker, the better!)
- Cut baguettes into 1 inch cube pieces. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. I left this bowl of bread out uncovered for a couple hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish - I used a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a medium or large bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add eggs and egg yolks. Fold in pumpkin.
- Fold in half and half, milk, and pure vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Pour mixture all over bread cubes. Carefully toss the cubes so they are coated. Let the bread soak for 10 minutes.
- Transfer bread and mixture to baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until set. Keep an eye on it starting at the 45 minute mark. I baked it for 55 minutes. Knife or toothpick in the center should come out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread pudding cool before slicing.
- Serve with toppings such as whipped topping and caramel sauce.
- It should keep for up to a few days stored tightly covered in the fridge. Can serve warm, cold, or room temperature.
Rate this recipe