FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 2 ¼ cups BakeGood coconut flour blend (it's a cup-for-cup substitute for all-purpose flour)
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- yellow, brown, and orange M&Ms or Reese's pieces
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 48 small candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Ideally, use red cupcake liners to make them more festive. Makes about 24-30 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter to the bowl, and then add in the oil.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, milk, and water to the bowl, and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Don't do more than three-fourths full because if the cupcakes aren't flat enough then it will be harder to decorate them.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder to make the chocolate frosting. Add in butter, and then vanilla extract and milk. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy. Or you can buy chocolate frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting so you have a smooth surface to add decorations.
- To make the turkey feathers, add 6 yellow M&Ms to make a row at the back edge of each cupcake. Then add a row of 5 brown M&Ms in front of the yellow row. Then add a row of 4 orange M&Ms.
- Place a miniature peanut butter cup in front of the feathers for the turkey's head.
- Carefully use a knife to cut 12 orange M&Ms into halves.
- Add a dot of chocolate frosting to the back of the candy eyes and halved orange M&M aka beak, and place them on the peanut butter cup.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Rate this recipe