FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 2 ¼ cups BakeGood coconut flour blend (it's a cup-for-cup substitute for all-purpose flour)
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- yellow, brown, and orange M&Ms or Reese's pieces
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 48 small candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Ideally, use red cupcake liners to make them more festive. Makes about 24-30 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter to the bowl, and then add in the oil.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, milk, and water to the bowl, and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Don't do more than three-fourths full because if the cupcakes aren't flat enough then it will be harder to decorate them.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder to make the chocolate frosting. Add in butter, and then vanilla extract and milk. Mix well. Make sure that the butter is softened well but not melted. If the frosting is too thick, you can add a bit more milk. Or if the frosting is too thin/buttery, you can add a bit more powdered sugar. Or you can buy chocolate frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting so you have a smooth surface to add decorations.
- To make the turkey feathers, add 6 yellow M&Ms to make a row at the back edge of each cupcake. Then add a row of 5 brown M&Ms in front of the yellow row. Then add a row of 4 orange M&Ms.
- Place a miniature peanut butter cup in front of the feathers for the turkey's head.
- Carefully use a knife to cut 12 orange M&Ms into halves.
- Add a dot of chocolate frosting to the back of the candy eyes and halved orange M&M aka beak, and place them on the peanut butter cup.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Rate this recipe