I just moved into my new place so it worked out perfectly that I didn’t have to buy any groceries for my first home-cooked meal!
I selected these three gluten free meals from Hello Fresh, and they arrived Monday evening:
- Marble Potato & Brussels Sprouts Hash with Fried Eggs & Red Cabbage & Cayenne
- Chicken Paillard with Chimichurri, Sweet Potato Wedges, and Salad
- Jamie’s Shrimp & Rice Salad with Fresh Herbs, Green Beans, & Soy
Hello Fresh is a food delivery meal kit service, and their recipes indicate if they are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and/or vegetarian. I love when brands indicate which options are allergen friendly because it makes it so much easy for those of us with allergies 🙂
I was most excited for the marble potato and Brussels sprouts hash because I love Brussels sprouts and eggs! Naturally, I had to cook this dish first. Hello Fresh sends you all the ingredients you need to make the meals, with the exception of olive oil and butter. The ingredients for this recipe are Brussels sprouts, red onion, garlic, marble potatoes, red cabbage, eggs, and cayenne pepper. It’s a pretty simple recipe, and I love that it’s only 7 ingredients because I’m all about less is more.
Below is Hello Fresh’s recipe which I followed completely except I used olive oil instead of butter for Step 3, and I omitted the garlic 🙂
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise, then slice into shreds. Halve, peel, and dice onion. Mince garlic. Halve potatoes (quarter any larger ones so all potatoes are of equal size).
- Roast the potatoes: Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure all are cut side down. Roast until golden brown and crispy, 18-20 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Start the hash: Heat 1 Tablespoon butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and toss until just softened, 2-3 minutes. Add red cabbage and garlic, and toss until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts: Add Brussels sprouts, and toss until veggies are tender and beginning to turn golden brown, another 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Fry the eggs: Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in another large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, crack eggs and fry until edges begin to turn golden. Reduce heat to medium, and cover until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 1 minute. TIP: Add a few teaspoons water to speed up cooking.
- Finish and serve: Toss potatoes into Brussels sprout mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide hash between two plates, and top with fried eggs. Sprinkle with salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste). Enjoy!
This dish was SO good that my husband Brendan and I ended up eating it for lunch today and then snacked on it until it was gone! I highly recommend Hello Fresh for when you want to cook but don’t necessarily want to go out and buy all of the ingredients yourself and come up with a recipe on your own. And I have a discount code for you all! Use code GFFM35 for $35 off your first box at hellofresh.com
This is a Hello Fresh sponsored post. All opinions are my own.