Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. If it's hard to cut, then you can microwave it whole for up to 5 minutes. This softens the skin. Make sure to let it cool before you cut it. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle a tbsp of olive oil on the inside of the spaghetti squash, and add a bit of salt & pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the skin of the spaghetti squash. Cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until the skin gives a little when pressed with a spoon.
- Flip the squash over, let it cool, and use a fork to loosen and separate the squash from the skin.
- Pour the tomato basil sauce pasta sauce into the spaghetti squash boats. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 10-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, and serve warm.
Rate this recipe