Key Lime Cupcakes Topped with Peanut Butter Cups
FOR THE CAKE:
- Better Batter yellow cake mix or use cupcake recipe
- 3 eggs or egg substitute
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup Amoretti key lime extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, soft
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- peanut butter cups
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Stir eggs, water, coconut oil, cake mix, key lime extract together until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
- Top cupcakes with peanut butter cups & sprinkles.
Rate this recipe