Cauliflower Crust Pizza
FOR THE PIZZA CRUST:
- 1.5 cups BakeGood cauliflower flour blend (it's a cup-for-cup substitute for all-purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- ¾ cup warm water (heat up tap water for 10 sec in microwave)
- handful of corn meal
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- tomato sauce
- red & yellow tomatoes, sliced
- a few circular slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crust recipe adapted from BakeGood.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix together with a spoon. Add in olive oil, and mix together.
- Gradually add the warm water, and mix with a spatula until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Sprinkle corn meal generously all over baking sheet or pizza tray. This will make it easy to remove pizza from the tray once it's done baking.
- Remove the dough from bowl, and form into a ball. It will help if you add a bit of the cauliflower flour blend to your hands.
- With floured hands, pat the dough to fill a greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Pinch the edge of the dough to make the crust.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the crust from the oven. Immediately top crust with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.
- Put pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and add basil. Cut into slices, and enjoy warm!
Rate this recipe