Stuffed Breakfast Peppers with Sausage
1 hours 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers cut in half with cored and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- 1 (5-7 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Breakfast Sausage Links sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Coat bottom of 9x13-inch oven safe casserole dish with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Place peppers into casserole dish.
- Add water to bottom of pan and cover casserole dish tightly with foil.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- While peppers are baking, add remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil to medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is heated, add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to skillet and toss to scramble.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cooked bell peppers rest for 10 minutes before handling them.
- Once they’ve cooled slightly, carefully divide egg mixture amongst bell peppers and serve warm.
Breakfast, Vegetables, Eggs
Rate this recipe