- ¼ lb Napa cabbage
- fresh cilantro
- pickle brine (rice vinegar & maple syrup)
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 lime
- 10 oz shrimp
- diablo sauce
- New Mexican chiles
- fresh garlic
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1.5 oz queso fresco
- 1 oz roasted pumpkin seeds
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips, and finely chop the cilantro.
- Combine the cabbage and cilantro into a small bowl and add the pickle brine to it.
- Season with salt & pepper, toss, and let it sit.
- Next, remove the stem, ribs, & seeds from the poblano, and cut the poblano lengthwise into thin strips.
- Cut the lime in half; juice half & cut the other half into wedges.
- In a pan over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp of olive oil and add the poblano.
- Season with salt & cook for around 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened and lightly charred.
- Transfer the cooked poblano to a plate.
- To the same plate, add 1 tsp of oil if needed and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt & pepper, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the diablo sauce, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring once or twice, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste w/ salt & pepper.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Transfer the tortillas to the plates and top with the shrimp.
- Layer in the pickled cabbage, poblanos, diablo sauce, crumbled queso fresco.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds & remaining cilantro, and serve w/ lime wedges (from Sunbasket).
Entrees, Tacos, Vegetables
Rate this recipe