1 hours 30 mins
1 hours 50 mins
- 4 eggs
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the egg whites & salt in bowl of electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until firm for about 1 minute.
- With the mixer still on high, slowly add the sugar, and beat until it's firm for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, sift the cornstarch onto the beaten egg whites, add the vinegar & vanilla, & fold in lightly with a rubber spatula.
- Pile the meringue onto a sheet pan.
- Bake for 90 min.
- Turn off oven, keep door closed, allow meringue to cool completely in the oven for about 1 hour.
- It should be crisp on the outside & soft on inside.
- Cut into square bars, and can add berries & whipped cream as desired.
Dessert, Bars, Fruits
Rate this recipe