- 1 or 2 boxes of yellow cake mix depending on how many layers you want to make
- 1-2 containers of frosting
- food dye
- butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow the directions on the box.
- In a large bowl mix the cake mix and other ingredients into a bowl and divide evenly into 2 small bowls.
- Dye the cake batter with 2 different food dye colors such as blue and green or leave one as the yellow mix and dye the second one.
- Pour contents of small bowls into their respective cake pans and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cake is cooked.
- I recommend doing a smaller cake pan like 6 inch pan so the layers are thicker but you can do 8-9 inch pans.
- When the cakes cool, you may either use two cakes as is or cut the two cakes in half horizontally so you have 4 layers.
- Then use a bowl (smaller than cake) and cup (smaller than bowl) to carefully cut the cake into 3 circular portions.
- Stack cake layers so outside colors of cake alternate.
- Place cake on a serving plate and frost side & top of cake with frosting.
- Add sprinkles & other decorations as desired!
Rate this recipe