Beet Sugar Cookies with Beet Icing
1 hour 0 mins
1 hours 10 mins
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup GF flour
- 3 tbsp beet puree via Love Beets roasted beets
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Love Beets beet powder
- To puree the beets, you can first roast them for 40 minutes and then puree them in a blender or can use the same amount in beet powder instead of beet puree.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add egg, almond butter, brown sugar, & granulated sugar, and mix well.
- Then add in the flour, beet puree, & vanilla extract, and mix well.
- If needed, refrigerate the cookie batter to make it less liquidy.
- Lay parchment paper on baking tray, and make 24 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- As the cookies are baking, make the icing by combining butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix well, and then add in the sugar.
- Mix well, adding in beet powder, and again mix well.
- Once the cookies are cool, top with icing and then rainbow sprinkles.
Rate this recipe