Bacon Banana Buttermilk Oat Pancakes
- ¾ cup brown rice flour (superfine)
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oats ground in food processor
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups ripe banana mashed
- 24 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon cooked & crumbled
- fat reserved for cooking
- maple syrup
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and banana. Mix to combine.
- Allow batter to rest at least 15 minutes.
- Reserve about ⅓ of crumbled bacon for garnish and fold the rest into the batter.
- Use reserved bacon fat to grease griddle.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle preheated to medium-low heat.
- Cook pancake until small bubbles begin to form, flip the cake and cook through until browned.
- Serve with the reserved bacon and maple syrup.
- Makes about 2 dozen 2-3 inch pancakes.
Breakfast, Pancakes, Fruits
Rate this recipe